A Cowboy Christmas Carol Auditions Scheduled for September 28th from 11:00am – 2:00pm and September 29th from 2:00pm-5:00pm.
At Olive Branch Theatricals, we cast our shows without discrimination of race, creed, religion, or sexual orientation.
A Cowboy Christmas Carol is a full-scale musical production that captures the true spirit of the original Dickens Holiday classic with a fresh new take.
How to Schedule an Audition:
- Send an email to [email protected] and the Audition Monitor will give you time options to choose from.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but you are not guaranteed a slot.
Location of Auditions:
- Auditions are at Green Room Music Studios located at 23655 Newhall Avenue Unit E. Newhall, CA 91321.
- Parking is free and you may park anywhere in the lot.
Cast of Characters:
- Butch Cassidy / Ghost of Christmas Present
- The Sundance Kid / Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come
- Ebenezer Scrooge McCoy ($100.00 Stipend for the Run)
- Jacob “Doc” Marley Hatfield / Old Bill Clinton /Wild Bill
- Billy Bob Cratchit / Hoss Cartwright ($100.00 Stipend for the Run)
- Dolly P. Cratchit / Mrs. Fezziwig ($100.00 Stipend for the Run)
- EmmyLou Cratchit / Want / Ensemble
- Calamity Jane Cratchit / Annie / Ensemble
- Tiny Tim “The Kid” / Ignorance / Ensemble
- Texas “Fezziwig” Jack Daniels / Fred McCoy / Man #3
- Dick Hatfield
- Topper Bill Hickock
- Belle / Niece / Laundry / Ensemble ($100.00 Stipend for the Run)
- Little Fanny McCoy / Friend / Charlady / Bonnie / Ensemble
- Wyatt Earp / Ghost of Christmas Past / Man #2
- Jessie James / Man #1 / Clyde
- The Gold Chain Gang – Laundry Lot
What to Expect at Your Audition:
- Arrive 10 minutes early to your audition time to complete your Audition Application form.
- You will be greeted by the Audition Monitor who will walk you through the audition process.
- The Audition Monitor will be checking your photo ID before your audition.
- Once your paperwork is filled out turn your Audition Application over to the Audition Monitor along with your headshot and resume.
- The Audition Monitor will walk you into the audition space and introduce you to the production team. You will then be asked to sing for the Production Team.
- The Production Team will be providing a selection for you to do a cold read.
- Dance auditions will be held at callbacks – you will not be expected to dance at your first audition.
What to Bring to Your Audition:
- Bring your Photo ID (mandatory if over 18). You will not be allowed to audition until we check your ID.
- If you’re a minor, we will need to see you parent or guardian’s ID in order to audition.
- Sheet Music in the correct key.
- Headshot and Resume.
Auditioning if You’re a Minor:
- Parent or guardian must be on site for the duration of your audition and will be expected to sign your application for you.
- Monday, September 30th 7:00pm-10:00pm
- You will be notified by phone if you receive a callback
- Weekly, Monday-Thursday from 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Our first rehearsal is Tuesday, October 1st from 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Additional Saturday Rehearsals:
- Saturday, October 12th from 11:30am-2:00pm
- Saturday, October 19th from 11:30am-2:00pm
- Saturday, October 26th from 11:30am-2:00pm
- Saturday, November 2nd from 11:30am-2:00pm
- Individuals with conflicts will still be considered.
Tech Week & Performance Dates:
- Saturday, November 16th, Newhall Tree Lighting Ceremony at 5:00pm
- Sunday, December 8th, Load In to The MAIN Theater
- Monday, December 9th, Rehearsal at Green Room Music Studios 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Tuesday, December 10th, Rehearsal at The MAIN at 6:00pm
- Wednesday, December 11th, Rehearsal at The MAIN at 6:00pm
- Thursday, December 12th, Rehearsal at The MAIN at 6:00pm
- Friday, December 13th, 7:30pm Opening Night
- Saturday, December 14th, 7:30pm Performance
- Sunday, December 15th, 2:00pm Performance
- Tuesday, December 17th, 7:30pm Performance
- Wednesday, December 18th, Pick up rehearsal at The MAIN 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Friday, December 20th, 7:30pm Performance
- Saturday, December 21st, *2:00pm and 7:30pm Performances
- Sunday, December 22nd, 2:00pm and 7:30pm Performances (followed by strike)
*Sensory Sensitive Performance